Saturday 6 April 2013

A busy bee


It looks as though sewing is going to be propelled to the dizzy heights of baking now the BBC is airing The Great British Sewing Bee so I thought I'd jump on the band wagon.  Unfortunately I can't turn my hand to anything that involves a pattern, just some glorified bodging...mending a ripped pocket, taking up some trousers or making a sash.  My local haberdashery is truly immense and like having the best department of John Lewis in deepest darkest Finsbury Park.  The owner craftily distracts my son with the DIY stuffed animals (love those by the way) so I can have a good browse and inevitably spend a small fortune.  I recently bought some super non-acrlic wool to knit him a classy moss stitch scarf only for him to instantly refuse the 'itchy' garment.  Much of my spare time allotted to creative endeavours (of which there isn't a great deal) has been dedicated to domestic crafting and designing printed matter for my little sisters upcoming American themed wedding.  After I've stuffed my face with sliders, ridden the bucking bronco and done the moonwalk in killer heels I'll post some images.

No comments: