Tuesday 18 December 2012

"Mummy I want to paint a Christmas tree."


Is is worrying that my 3 year old is more prolific than me?!  Before breakfast he knocks out a few paintings, a chalk drawing and an impromptu installation that incorporates a child's chair and a telephone cord.  I can't bring myself to throw away anything that has even the most minimal doodle.  Although I did draw the line at some 'pictures' he brought home from nursery that were just glue on paper.  I gave him some card to paint on to make a star for the Christmas tree and couldn't cut it up.  The composition of "Curly Wurly Mountain" was just beautiful, truly Howard Hodgkinesque (as are many paintings produced by pre schoolers).  Anyway, Merry Christmas from our house to your house and wishing you all the best for 2013.

No comments: